After you convert a lead into a customer, it’s tempting to sit back and let sales handle things from then on. After all, it seems like the marketer’s job is over. But, in reality, your tech company can keep your customer retention rates high using inbound marketing. It makes perfect sense since the end stage of the inbound marketing methodology is delighting your customers. And, because it costs 6–7 times more to acquire a new customer than retain an existing one (Bain & Company), it’s crucial that you keep your customers coming back for more with these 5 inbound methods to retain customers:
1. Don’t Oversell The first customer retention strategy begins while the customer is still a lead: don’t promise something your service can’t deliver. If your software isn’t going to earn them thousands of dollars overnight, don’t say that it will. Building trusting customer relationships will make them more likely to keep buying from you.
2. Helpful Content The content you publish can help your clients answer new questions they might have, just like it helps leads. And, this can be especially helpful if you’re offering help with the actual service you provide. A troubleshooting guide for your own software, for instance, can prove to your customers that it’s worth staying loyal to you.
3. Special Offers Creating special offers just for your customers is a concrete way to show them how much their loyalty means to you. And, if they feel appreciated, they’re much more likely to be loyal to your company instead of running to your competitor. Even free trials can be a great way to build a relationship with your customers.
4. Social Media Involvement Using social media isn’t just a good idea for your marketing strategy; it’s also a great way to keep your customers happy. It offers an open channel for communication between you and them, which means that they can ask any questions they may have. Answering those questions quickly and efficiently is crucial for showing them that you’re a company worth sticking with.
5. Customer Feedback Another way to find out what makes customers happy is to ask them yourself. Inbound promotes the use of surveys to find the best ways to delight your clients. You can ask current customers what they would like to see in your product, and ask former clients what pushed them to leave.
Now you know how inbound keeps your tech customers coming back for more. So, don’t give up on a client once they convert! Remember these methods for delighting and retaining your customers.
Another element that can determine your customer retention rate is your website. Download these website must-haves to impress your leads and clients alike!