Summer is here – and with it come vacation days and the inevitable business slump. It can be discouraging to watch your sales trail off in the summer months, but don’t let it get you down! Summer is the perfect time to do everything you don’t have time for in the busy season. So, if you find your phone ringing a little less often than you’d like, take a look at these 5 tips to make the most of your extra time:
1. Organize With all the hustle and bustle of the active seasons, organization can fall by the wayside. Put your free time to good use – but don’t just clear out the clutter on your desk; organize your projects and responsibilities too! Trello is a great resource for getting organized, and you can even use it to coordinate with your coworkers. Image credit: Trello
2. Revitalize Social Media Staying up-to-date on social media takes a lot of dedication, and sometimes your goal of one post per day just isn’t realistic. But, now is the time to fix your social media schedule and get back in the habit of frequent posting.
3. Revamp Email Campaigns So you’ve organized and revitalized and you still have time. What to do next? Why not take a look at your email campaigns? Transform your static, all-text emails into dashing and dynamic missives that your customers will love to read. Image credit: HubSpot
4. Upgrade Your Site While you’re in the upgrading mood, consider working on your website. This doesn’t have to mean a complete website redesign – there are quick, simple edits you can make, too. Change images that aren’t working, reduce clutter on your homepage, or even revamp your SEO strategy. Image credit: Mint
5. Plan Ahead The summer will eventually come to an end, and your busy life will start right back up again as if it never left. So, it’s smart to help your future self out and prepare for those busy times ahead of you. Review the past year to figure out what went well and what needed work, then create a strategy for the upcoming months.
These 5 tasks are the best way for you to take advantage of the summer slump and stay busy through the off-season. With these tips, those sluggish summer months will be time well spent!
You can also spend some free time working on your business blog - check out our free ebook to learn the best practices of business blogging!