There are dozens of reasons to use content marketing in the healthcare industry, but perhaps the biggest reason is the sheer volume of people searching for medical help online. According to one survey, 72% of adults in the U.S. looked online for health information in the past year. With that many potential customers online, it only makes sense for you to spend time and effort on a fantastic digital marketing strategy for your healthcare organization. And, to succeed at digital marketing, you need to know the best ways to generate quality leads. Luckily, we have some healthcare marketing tips to help you! We’ve gathered these 5 key tips for generating new leads for your healthcare organization:
1. Use CTAs and Landing Pages Like any other industry, some of the best lead generation techniques for healthcare are calls-to-action and landing pages. These are the basics for anybody looking to convert visitors into leads. A CTA convinces your site’s visitors to click through to helpful content, and a landing page ensures that you’ll receive their emails and other information in exchange.
2. Build Around Popular Keywords Search engine optimization is crucial for organic traffic. Even with so many people searching online, your site won’t be found unless you target the right keywords. And, if your potential patients can’t find you, they’ll never become your leads. You need to figure out which relevant keywords people are searching for, and build content around them so you improve your rank in search engines.
3. Create Helpful Offers One huge advantage for the healthcare industry is that healthcare products are some of the most helpful and most necessary products out there. People truly need what you’re selling. And, you have information that can help them as well – so why not share it? Create offers like white papers and ebooks with essential healthcare info, and set up a landing page to gather contact info to gain more leads.
4. Target Patients with Smart Content You need to make sure that you don’t flood your leads with unwanted content. If you have leads interested in pediatrics, they’re not likely to want a white paper about Alzheimer’s. But, depending on the scope of your organization, you might have leads with very conflicting interests. In that case, you’ll need to segment emails and offers to ensure that you’re not alienating leads with irrelevant info.
5. Be Compliant As important as the other tips have been, this is the absolute most vital one. There are lots of regulations surrounding healthcare, and some of those regulations deal with direct contact with the consumer. You need to be completely positive that you’re complying with these regulations 100% of the time, or you’re in danger of being shut down.
A successful online healthcare marketing strategy means generating leads. And, using content marketing in healthcare is crucial if you want to attract the right leads. So, now that you know how it’s done, go out and earn leads' love for your healthcare organization!
If inbound marketing seems like a great option for your healthcare organization, download this free guide to see just how perfect inbound is for the healthcare industry!