A Call-to-Action (CTA) is a button or link that you place on your website to drive prospective customers to convert to leads through landing page forms. Effective call-to-action buttons can significantly improve your website conversion and can increase lead generation.
Smart CTAs allow you to display a different button to different types of visitors based on their membership in your various contact lists. Once a lead downloads an offer from your website, Smart CTAs can be used to show leads different offers every time they come back, effectively moving them further down the sales funnel every time they visit your site.
Your contacts' needs change over time, and your marketing should reflect and respond to those changes. Smart CTAs allow you to design different messages based on an individual's lifecycle stage. Early-stage CTA buttons can focus on top-of-the-funnel offers, and then evolve to direct the lead to demos or sales consultations down the line.
Here are some key examples of how Smart CTAs can be used effectively:
- Map to the lead stage - Serve up an offer that will bring your lead even closer to purchasing.
- Reconvert and satisfy customers - Deliver offers that help reconvert customers and make them even more satisfied.
- Industry focused - Offering industry-specific content allows you to segment without changing the overall messaging of your website.
- Location based - Increase conversion rates for companies where location is relevant.
- Personas - Tailor CTAs to your buyer personas.
If you serve multiple industries with different marketing personas, you can adapt your site to reflect what you know about each persona's specific set of interests. Targeted calls-to-action will convert 42% more visitors into leads than a basic CTA and, in essence, enhance the user experience. If you offer a special service to leads or customers in a particular geographic area, you can change your message to be specific to those contacts – and 53% of consumers say they’re more likely to engage with a location-based ad. If you want your most engaged customers to see different offers than others, you can make that happen, too.
These pointers will help you make your calls-to-action smarter and drive more leads down the sales funnel in the manner that each leads prefers. It’s a win-win.